Kurd Scholarship Opportunities for International Students
The Kurdistan Regional Government and the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research have initiated a new scholarship programme titled as “Kurd Scholarships” and calls upon the international students to apply and submit their applications for the academic year (2018- 2019). The Kurd Scholarships are available for Bachelors Degree in the Kurdish language, Kurdish Literature, and Kurdish Culture. The deadline for application is August 1st 2018.
Please see the below information about the programme:
- Kurdish people
- Iraqi and Kurdistan Region citizens
Available scholarship types and number of seats:
- Kurd Scholarships are available for Bachelors in Kurdish language, Kurdish Literature, and Kurdish Culture for academic year (2018- 2019).
- (20) seats are provided for the academic year (2018-2019)
- The Applicant must have a high school (preparatory) degree, for example, National baccalaureate or its equivalent in other education system.
- A- level in SAT1 and SAT2
- The applicant must submit two recommendations written by authorised officials at his his/ her school or work place.
- The applicant must submit his/her original copy of academic certificate
- The applicant must have at least (4.5) IELTS or its equivalent.
The Period of Study and the language in study program:
The period of the Bachelor study is four academic years except the first year (Foundation) allocated for learning Kurdish and promoting communication and culture skills. The whole four years study will be in the Kurdish language.
The applicants will be hosted to one of the following public universities:
- Salahaddin University/ erbil
- Sulaimani University
- University of Duhok
- Soran University
- Koya University
Financial and other support:
The Kurd Scholarships covers the following:
- Upon arrival to the Kurdistan Region, the applicant will be welcomed by the specific team at the airport and transferred to the host university.
- According to the living standard in Kurdistan Region, a monthly amount of ($ 600) will will be given to students for the living cost in Kurdistan Region for the whole period of the study and the foundation year.
- Free dormitory place in the host university.
- An amount of $ 1000 is allocated for annual flight expenses, except the applicants from USA and Australia, their annual flight expense are ($1500).
- The visa and residential fees
- Annual medical insurance for $500 and it is only for medical treatment in the Kurdistan Region and it does not cover the medical treatment outside the Kurdistan Region. The applicant has all the right to select the insurance company
- The study period of the Kurd Scholarships are four academic years, if an applicant could not succeed within the specific period of time, or for any period beyond four years, the applicant will be responsible for his/ her study (tuition fees, living costs, annual flight expenses and medical insurance) expenses.
The international students can apply and send their documents to the following email address no later than August 1st 2018: