HR delegate – Erbil – Iraqi Kurdistan – H/F
- Friday, 23 March 2018
- Deadline Date: Friday, 30 March 2018
- Organization: Croix-Rouge Française
- Country: Iraq
- City: Erbil
Context of the position
The French Red Cross (FRC) is operational in Northern Iraq since 2013, especially in Dohuk, Ninewah and Erbil governorates. Focused first on the influx of Syrian refugees, then on the IDP crisis and the challenging displacements and returns of population, the FRC provides assistance in a range of sectors including WASH, livelihoods, education, shelter and relief.
In order to pursue its humanitarian assistance to the IDPs in Ninewah Governorate, the FRC has identified two main actions; one targeting displaced population off camps and a second one targeting IDPs’ camps. Additionally, based on its experience and capacity, the FRC will focus its operation on WASH and livelihood activities.
The regional crisis and its consequences on Iraqi territory, juxtaposed with internal political tensions only highlight the need for FRC’s continuous support in helping the Host National Society in Iraq to build their own capacity to respond to emergencies, including in the local branches.
Moreover, the protracted nature of the conflict in Syria as well as the enhanced pressure on public infrastructures only lead to reduced opportunities for Syrian refugees and displaced people. The FRC, in close collaboration with the IRCS, is addressing these issues through multi-annual programming on livelihood and access to education.
The Iraq delegation currently employs about 45 national staffs and 15 international staffs.
In 2018 the FRC will continue its emergency and recovery assistance for Syrian refugees, Iraqi IDPs, returnees and most vulnerable host communities in the country. This includes in particular for the position of the HR Delegate:
- Continuous development of the FRC strategy in Iraq in synergy with the Iraqi Red Crescent Society (IRCS) & with the RCRC Movement Partners present in country
- Guarantee the quality, appropriateness and sustainability of the joint FRC / IRCS programs
- Ensure the HR availability necessary to the realization of the projects and the management of the administrative and legal files in conformity with the FRC HR procedures
- Ensure the availability of the technical means for monitoring and managing the national HR FRC team
- Proceed and oversee the procurement in conformity with FRC procedures
- Oversee the general logistic management of the base
- Update the delegation’s HR and administrative data based on administrative, tax and social guidelines and review the documents in place (salary grid, paid leave request, etc.). Suggest new documents if needs for their creation.
- Formalize and improve recruitment procedures for national staff
- Establish a paper and digital archiving procedure for HR files
- Develop a training plan for the delegation’s staff.
General objective of the position:
Following the RC / RC Movement principles, under the authority of the head of delegation based in Iraq and under the supervision of the admin & HR coordinator, the HR delegate will provide temporary support to the delegation in order to review the HR process and documents, and ensure the proper follow up by the HR officer based in Erbil and the admin teams in the sub-delegations, as detailed below.
Hierarchical Link and Functional Links:
- Works under the supervision of the admin & HR coordinator
- Is in functional connection with: the HR officer, the HOD, the HOSDs, the logistics and program coordinators, but also the IHR in HQ.
Profile of the candidate
- Educational background and experiences:
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in relevant field;
- Previous knowledge of FRC and its HR policy, and RC & RC Movement mandatory
- Essential experience in HR management labor law and administration
- Previous work experience in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team
- Professional skills:
- Excellent writing, analytical and communication skills
- Good transversal team management
- Excellent diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Autonomous and team-worker
- Good teaching skills, patience, ability to build on capacities
- Good team relationship
- English mandatory (oral and written), Arabic would be an strong added value
- Personal skills:
- Strong organizational and planning skills for short period
- Flexible and proactive;
- Location : IRAQI KURDISTAN
- Duration: 6 months renewable
- To be filled: March 2018
- Status: expatriate position
The French Red Cross reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date for applications
- Passport valid for more than 6 months at the moment of departure
- Up-to-date vaccination card / fitness for travel
To be better acquainted with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, we invite you to follow two training sessions online, free and accessible to all that constitute a real advantage for your application:
WORC (The World of Red Cross and Red Crescent) is an e-learning course on the fundamental principles and operations of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. Its 12 modules address subjects such as the origin and history of the Movement, its fundamental principles, its emblem, the International Federation, the ICRC and national societies. It is intended for all: volunteers, employees, members or people wishing to get more information on the biggest humanitarian movement in the world.
Stay Safe is intended for every staff in a position to carry out international missions on behalf of the Federation or a National Society of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The course aims at developing a common culture of security management within the Movement in order to enable a better understanding of the main threats and risks for humanitarian actors in the field, and offers solutions to restrain their impact.
You will find these lessons on the IFRC Learning Platform open to all by clicking on the following link: https://ifrc.csod.com/client/ifrc/default.aspx